31 December 2010

Farewell, 2010

While the best part of 2010 was the birth of my beautiful niece, Avery Jane, the best individual moment was easily Landon Donovan's goal in extra time to send the US to the knockout stage of the World Cup.  With the game played in the morning, I worked late the night before and woke up early to get some more work done before the game.  The Lucas boys came over to watch in my awesome US Flag foldup chairs.  The three of us half-jumped out of those chairs many times throughout the game, only to quietly sit back down in frustration after another missed chance or terrible refereeing decision.  But then Tim Howard made a save in extra time and flung the ball halfway downfield to set up the goal.  Our reaction was similar to what you see here in my favorite internet video of the year: 


If you haven't seen that video before, I highly recommend taking five minutes to do so.  I could watch it a million times, and the smile on my face would never go away.  Here's a video of the goal itself: 




And highlights from the game:




I'll be wearing one of my jerseys tonight in honor of my favorite non-Jayhawk team.  I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's Eve.  I will be back tomorrow with my top albums of 2010.

1 comment:

  1. the first video gives me the kind of goosebumps and teary eyes i get before tip off at allen fieldhouse =)

    ReplyDelete